Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My tadpole has arrived!!!

My tadpole has just arrived!!! I have been waiting for six weeks now. His name is Hopper. He is about one centimeter long. I will post a picture later, because my Mom's camera has no batteries right now.

My tadpole came in a small clear plastic tube in an envelope. So I need to let it change to the water temperature of the habitat. You let the tube sit in the water inside the habitat for 30 minutes, then you release the tadpole into the water. Eventually my tadpole will morph into a frog. The process takes about 12 weeks. I will chronicle the events of his metamorphisis as they are occuring. Stay tuned! For more information on the metamorphisis, look down at the earlier post on my blog.

1 comment:

the e-wife, Karen said...

Welcome Hopper!!!

Austin, thank you for calling me today to let me know he arrived. I know you have been WAITING for very long for this exciting delivery and I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see his pictures and watch him grow into a little froggie. Have FUN!!!

Love,
Aunt K